May 1, 2011

Petite Inspiration Swap

This past month I participated in a Petite Inspiration Swap-Spring Edition with Heather over at the Speckled Egg! I have been seeing these swaps all over blog land and have been wanting to join in. I came across the Speckled Egg and Heather just happened to be doing a Spring swap so I decided that I would join in on the fun! I was grouped with two amazing women, Cami and Melissa. It was sooo much fun putting together a box of vintage and vintage inspired Spring trinckets for these two fab ladies. I will definately be doing another swap!!! I took pictures of the boxes that I made for the ladies in my group and thought I would share them with you. I will post pictures of the boxes that I received from them in another post.



Anitque Linen and my hand dyed muslin that I cut and made into a flower and then added a
glass bead to the center.

 
All of the goodies! The other box I made was a little different inside but I had already
packed everything into it so perfectly that I didn't have the heart to take it all out to take a photo.

I made little envelopes out of wax paper hand stamped with paint
and added dried lavender from my garden!

I used vintage sheet music to make this small posie and placed it onto a
canvas that is hung by my hand died blueberry seam binding.

Vintage thread and a wooden clothes pin that I purchased at a local
antiques store called, The Star Mill, that was used by my ancestors as a flour mill.
So this store has special meaning to me! The ribbon is my hand dyed seam binding.

Paper millenery, a fabric rosette, two corked vials filled with flower seeds and vintage glitter
and then I sealed them with wax. I purchased the flower shell button, white bunny and spool of thread
at The Star Mill.

I also purchased the antique linen at The Star Mill! It was lovely linen. I made a small bag with
 lace and the same vintage linen that I will be posting on my Etsy soon!

Both of my boxes all finished! I added a handmade flower that I dyed and crinkled. I bought the paper
leaf from The Beautiful Life and added the vintage yellow flower that I purchased from Speckled Egg!


1 comment: